Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flower Cake

I was asked to make a cake for a 50th anniversary celebration...50 years!  What an honor to make a cake for such an event!  This cake was a blast to make because it was only for 10 people, so the bottom is 8 inches and the top is a little 6 incher!    Its a vanilla cake with apricot filling and swiss meringue buttercream frosting.  Yum.  I was told that the flower for the 50th anniversary is the violet and the color is gold.  SO I made little fondant violets and put them all over the cake like they were spilling over from the top.  I also put a gold ribbon around the bottom of each tier.  I really enjoyed making the cake!


There it is!

2 comments:

  1. looks you've been a busy busy girl! once again it's so fun to watch your talents grow, their all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower cake! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete