Tuesday, March 9, 2010

one year ago today...

my heart was let outside of my body.

she came as a tiny little baby. 
she was hot pink and beautiful. 
everything was a blur. 
i didn't know what had hit me. 
what my life had just become. 
but i know now. 

she is my life. 
she is in every song. 
in every laugh. 
in every happiness. 
everything innocent. 
she is everything that is beautiful.

she came to me as a surprise. 
and now i can picture my life in no other way. 
she had changed me. 
she is the gift that saved me. 
without her, i would still be floating. 

she gives me purpose and reason. 
she gives me joy that i have never felt before.
she is the reason i get out of bed in the morning.
i cannot wait to see her smiling face
waiting for me to come and get her.
she is as excited to see me as i am to see her.
like the night was just too long for us to be apart.

i love her more than i will ever be able to describe.


happy birthday, piper ann!  i love you.

2 comments:

  1. As if you and Piper don't make me cry enough happy tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful tribute I've ever read. Thank you for giving my heart another reason to stay a little stronger.

    ReplyDelete